CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Like a Dream...



It all felt as though I was walking through a dream as I walked upon the dirt path filled with twigs and leaves. The air around me seemed to shimmer and move as though it were alive. My body seemed to move on its own, knowing the exact path to take while my mind could only watch.



A light seemed to be coming from everywhere at once as though the plants and trees radiated with it. I saw nor heard any animals or insects as I walked as if I were the only living thing that walked through the trees. The only sound coming from each foot fall as I walked. Every now and then I would catch movement out of the corner of my eye. It was slight and always disappeared when I turned my head.



As I continued my journey, I began to catch the faint sound of music, so soft that I first believed it was my mind playing tricks on me. As the time passed however, the music became more distinct and I could clearly make out what sounded like a flute being played in a lively mood. I tried to will my body to stop so I could listen more closely to the music being played, but my body would not listen to me. The music began to get louder and I could make out the soft beat of drums.



Through the haze and shimmering of the air, I stepped into a grove surrounded by large trees of every kind. In the center of this grove there were many people, they all were dancing to the music and there were table set up around the perimeter of the grove. It seemed as though a feast of some sort was taking place. I was so entranced by what I saw that I didn't even realize that I had stopped at the edge of the grove. I was snapped out of it as soon as I heard my name being called. I realized that someone had walked up to me and calling me by my name. He and I stared at one another for a few moments, a big smile spread across his face and he said "Welcome friend..."

0 comments: